We are going to look at printing Delivery / Shipping packaging labels. This is handy especially for businesses that ship goods and would like to have a label that shows the content of the parcel, destination & the origin.
We can configure a label printer to print the labels that will go on the box or container of our sales delivery.
Let's look at the setup.
1. Label report. dictionary - The report code we are going to use for our Delivery packing labels is called SETICOL.
To review the characteristics of the report code we go to Development > Script dictionary and we enter our report code SETCOL. In this function we can view, edit the crystal report, associate the report with a label printer and set a default Destination.
2. Entry transactions
The Sales delivery - Let us look at the ALL, FRPOS , FRDEC Entry Transactions. On the parameters tab, Packing block we can set the packing type to either Declarative (Packing by package) or Post packing (Packing by line). The three entry transactions are used when we generate / print label depending on the choice we make.
The Stock Packing Entry transaction. On the parameter tab, on the Printing block we select Stock Label on the Printing drop down window. On the Document , we select our SETICOL label and optionally select to automatically print.
3. We go and define our destination in Setup destinations to setup our label printer if that has not been configured already In my example I want the output to preview on my screen.
4. We also have to define the packing on the Product -Site for our product, in Common Data Products. We select our product & on the Management tab, Packing block we select Packing, Stock detail, choose the the packaging size based on our stock unit of measure. We also select the Packaging capacity.
5. We can add different types, dimensions of our packaging on Packaging - Common data > Product tables if the standard packing sizes already created for us in the system are not enough.
We have completed our setup now let us generate our labels. Now let's look at the transaction
6. We create a sales order, picking ticket for the product you setup above.
7. We can generate your delivery label on the Shipment preparation block before or after creating a Delivery by choosing the Declared packing or After Packing options.
8. We can also optionally print the labels in bulk in the Stock module on the Packing block. You also have an option to inquire on the parcel content as well.