As of 1 January 2023, the new NAPSA earnings ceiling is K26 840 per month.
The maximum an employee or employer will contribute per month at 5% is K1 342. The total maximum contribution by both the employee and employer for 2023 is K2 684.
The contribution rate remains unchanged at 10% of the employee’s monthly gross earnings subject to the statutory contribution ceiling above.
Click here to view the Zambia NAPSA Revision 2023 notice.
To make the necessary adjustments to the method of calculation on your system, please click here for a step by step guide or follow the steps below:
From the main menu of your company:
- Click on Payroll
- Select Definitions
- Select Methods of calculation
- Select Change
- Click on the NAPSA deduction line
- Select the last method number on file for NAPSA
- Increase, If Calc Amnt is Greater than Max of value to 1342.00
- Increase, Then Deduction must be value to 1342.00
- Once you have completed the changes, close the method screen, and select YES to recalculate the method of calculation.