We are aware of an issue on the Eswatini / Swaziland tax tables in July 2022 on Release 5.8a, for the 2022-2023 tax year:
Summary of issue:
- When a new tax year is started in an Eswatini/Swaziland company for the 2022-2023 tax year, the first bracket of the tax table is 1 000 000 Lilangeni, and not 100 000 Lilangeni.
- The impact is that employees earning up to and including 1 000 000 Lilangeni will be under-taxed
Updated post 2022/07/19 17:00
- The updated tax files are now available on the Sage Portal and Software Update page
- Ensure your payroll system is on Release 5.8a and in a new pay period
- How to download from the Sage Portal (https://portal.sage.co.za/shp)
- Log into the Sage Portal
- Select Product Update
- Select Sage Premier
- Select Sage VIP Premier - Release 5.8a
- Scroll to the section 'Africa Tax Country Reports and Tax Files'
- Locate 'Eswatini/Swaziland - Tax File with corrected tax table for 2022-2023 tax year'
- Download the installation notes, Additional information and tax file
- How to download from the Software Downloads page (https://payrollupdate.sagesouthafrica.co.za/totsol/)
- On the Software Downloads page, click on the Africa tab
- Locate 'Eswatini Tax tables for Premier: R58a (July 2022)'
- Download the "Africa Changes Installation Notes for Classic/Premier and tax file
Once the file has been downloaded to your computer:
- We recommend to review the installation instructions before continuing with the installation process
- Locate the downloaded zip file
- Right-click on the file and select to open with Windows Explorer
- Click on Extract and select Extract all
- Select your payroll application system folder as destination to extract files, and click Extract
- When prompted to overwrite the files, say Yes
When the installation process is completed, access your Eswatini/Swaziland company and select to do a General Recalculation (Payroll > General Recalc).
How will this issue be resolved?
- An updated tax file for the 2022/2023 tax year will be made available to download and install from the Sage Portal and Software Downloads page
- Notification will be posted on Sage City once the tax file is available
- Should you be required to pay your employees prior to the release of the updated tax file, please contact Sage Customer Support via Live Chat or webform
What is the work-around if I need to pay before the tax file becomes available?
- The tax files needs to be amended in the program, unfortunately there is no process to change the tax, except applying a manual tax calculation and tax adjustments
- Click here to download the latest tax calculator for Eswatini / Swaziland
- Take note, if you adjust the tax, and install the updated tax files in the same pay period, tax will recalculate and will need to be checked again