If you need to add a new accounting period for your client, this can be done within Sage Business Tax.
How do I do this?
Follow the below steps to add accounting periods.
- Open the client in Business Tax.
- From the menu bar, select Tools > New Accounting Period.
Prior accounting periods
You can only add later accounting periods in Business Tax. If you need to enter details for a prior period, you will need to delete the business and set it up again, ensuring the date of commencement is entered correctly in the New Sole Trade Wizard. When entering the initial accounting period, ensure this is the earliest accounting period you will need, as this cannot be amended at a later point.
Deleting accounting periods
You can delete any accounting periods set up in error. To do this, follow the below steps.
- Open the client in Business Tax
- From the drop down list on the left, select the last accounting period you wish to keep.
- From the menu bar, select Tools > Delete Subsequent Accounting Periods.
Sage Business Community Team