This tip will enable you to generate a barcode in Excel by using 39 barcodes. Code 39, or Code 3 of 9 as it is sometimes referred to, is the most used barcode and is scannable by every barcode scanner. It can encode 26 upper-case letters, 10 digits and 7 special characters. To generate a barcode, follow these steps:
- Download and install the free barcode font from idautomation. This is a fully-functional, freeware font. Please refer to the free product section of their license agreement for additional information.
- Once the font has been installed, select the cell in which you want to generate the barcode.
- Enter the value for the barcode.
- Change the font from your standard font style to "IDAutomationHC39M Free Version".
- Once the font has been changed, the text will be converted into a barcode.