Good day X3 HR & Payroll Users
The tax extract for the 2021-2022 Tax Year End Submission period has been enhanced and updated with the latest requirements as per South African Revenue Authority (SARS) Business Requirements Specifications (BRS). The updated functionality will be delivered in HR U9.0.25 (version 9) and 2022 R3 (12.0.31) (version 12).
Please take note that SARS has not released the final e@syFile software for the Tax Year End Submission yet, and therefore changes might be required. If changes are necessary, these will be communicated.
We recommend that customers be updated to the following versions before the Tax Year End Submission patches are loaded:
- Version 9: HR U9.0.23
- Version 12: 2021 R4 (12.0.28)
If the customer is unable to update to the recommended version/s, it will remain their responsibility to ensure all previous Tax Extract patches are integrated. Please also ensure that all statutory pay plan patches as provided up to date have been integrated.
A full tax extract patch with the latest requirements as per the BRS will be available on request.
Changes included in the updated patches:
- Updated employee directive information screen.
- Updated tax extract and validations for the 2021-2022 tax year.
Changes that were included in the bi-annual submission patches:
- Updated tax certificates for the 2021-2022 tax year.
- Updated IRP5 recon report for the 2021-2022 tax year.
Attached is the following:
- V9 Tax Year End_2021-2022.zip: This is a Zip file containing all patches to be integrated in sequence. All files must be integrated to both the reference and daughter folders.
- V12 Tax Year End _2021-2022.zip: This is a Zip file containing all patches to be integrated in sequence. All files must be integrated to both the reference and daughter folders.
- Sage X3 HR and Payroll – RSA Tax Year End Submission 2021-2022.pdf: Detailed pdf document.
It is important to read through the documentation before applying the patches.
Please distribute to all relevant stakeholders.