More focus is placed on business process management controls, the purpose of this article is to focus on system administration workflows that can be used to control the events as they happen within the system.
Common requirements include but not limited to:
- Generate a support log detailing environmental information like version, patch level, etc.
- Email the log file generated after a process run.
- Notify management whenever sensitive information is changed and recorded in an audit trail.
- Unsigned workflows with an overdue date.
- Workflow circuit automatic escalations.
- Email management when parameter value is modified after go live or company name modification.
- Email log file at the end of batch task execution.
For manual workflows create a recurring task that will run the workflow.
Detailed look at how its achieved: