During the COVID-19 lockdown period, most companies have shut down/closed and for some employers it is not economically possible to continue to pay employees. In this case, the Department of Employment and Labour (DoEL) have created a special benefit under the Unemployment Insurance Fund as per the Directive.
Refer to the following Sage City posts for more detail:
- COVID-19 Temporary Employee/Employer Relief Scheme (RSA)
- C19 TERS (Temporary Employee/Employer Relief Scheme) - Amended Directive released 08/04/2020
Sage has created an export report for Payroll Professional, to extract and create the C19 TERS file in the recommended format provided by DoEL
Clarification was recently received on some fields of the TERS application:
- What is ‘Remuneration (Monthly)’? This is UIF remuneration (as defined in the Unemployment Insurance Act) i.r.o of the last full payroll month before the lockdown period.
The TERS Report has been updated to allow you to select the UIF Remuneration for previous periods.
Where can I get the new TERS Report?
Click here to download the C19 TERS report for Payroll Professional.
- If you previously downloaded and imported the C19 TERS report from Sage City, you do not have to download and import it again - it has already been updated on your payroll!
- We recommend that you refer to the updated Help Notes, which you can download here.
How do I import the report to my payroll?
Once you have downloaded the report, create a folder on your desktop called C19TERS and extract the contents of the SBCPP_C19TERS_R54.zip file to the desktop folder.
The .zip file contains the following:
- SBCPP How to import the C19 TERS report.pdf
- SBCPP How to print the C19 TERS report.pdf
Follow the steps in the "how to" user notes to import the report, and all the selections required to run and download the report.