Good Day Everyone
I would like to share a useful tip on how to create a direct link to Sage City and the Sage Pastel Knowledge Base from within a Sage 200 database. This process will enable you to have easy access to Sage City and the Sage Pastel Knowledge Base while working in your database.
The following easy process can be followed to create the Internet links :
1) Login as the Admin user.
2) Proceed to Administration….System Configuration….System Wizard.
3) Select the Default System Tree option.
4) Locate ‘Internet Links’ on the System Tree and then select the ‘Default’ option at the top of the screen.
5) Select the + option to insert a new node.
6) On the ‘File Name’ screen browse for the ‘bpIEXE.bpl’ in the program install directory.
7) After locating the ‘bplIEXE.bpl’ file select ‘Next’.
8) On the ‘Frame’ screen select ‘TrfmNavigatorBase’ and then select ‘Next’.
9) On the ‘Description’ screen insert a name for the node.
10) On the ‘Command’ line insert the following :
NavigateURL=sagecity.na.sage.com (To create a link to Sage City)
NaviagateURL=kb.pastel.co.za/login.php (To create a link to the Sage Pastel Knowledge
11) Select ‘Finish’ to close the screen and the ‘Finish’ again to close the System Wizard
12) Exit the program and then login again.
13) Proceed to Internet Links on the System Tree and notice that a new node displays with the name
specified when the link was created.
14) Select the node to access Sage City.
Now you have quick access to Sage City and the Sage Pastel Knowledge Base from within your
Sage 200 database.