This blog article will cover how to setup new paper size forms for continuous printing in Sage 200 Evolution.
This guide explains how to setup paper form sizes, and for that we will be using the Evolution Statement report as an example in the process.
Please note that:
- Steps 1 - 6 must be performed on each Evolution workstation where a new paper size form needs to be created.
- Steps 7 -14 are done only once.
- Open the Printer Drivers screen: Start | Control Panel | Devices and Printers
- Highlight the relevant printer driver for which a new form is to be created. (Don’t open it yet)
- Go to File | Server Properties
- On the Print Server Properties screen that opens, do the following:
4.1 Select the Create a new Form option
4.2 Enter a new relevant form name in the Form Name field, e.g. Statement Form
4.3 Ensure the option below is set to Metric
4.4 Use a ruler and physically measure the paper size of the continuous (pre-printed or non-preprinted paper) in the following way:
Width: The width between the perforations on the left and right in millimeters, and then converted into centimeters
Height: The width between the perforations on the left and right in millimeters, and then converted into centimeters
4.5 Ensure that the values captured below do not have any spaces between the value and the cm symbol behind it e.g. 22.50cm(lowercase cm).
4.6 Make use of a dot (.) and not a comma (,) when entering the values below
4.7 Keep the Left, Right, Top and Bottom fields below unchanged on 0.00cm
4.8 When done, select the Save Form button and then OK
5. Right click on the still highlighted printer driver and select Printer Properties
6. There could be up to three different places to select the new form (Statement Form) we have just created.
However, remember that not all printer drivers are the same, so you may not necessarily find all three places on your specific printer driver, or some places may be grayed out and not accessible
6.1 In the first place, select the Printer Preference button at the bottom of the main Properties screen and then select the Advance button on the new screen that opens.
6.2 Select the new form name, Statement Form, from the Paper Size dropdown, and then OK
6.3 Select OK on the screen below.
6.4 Back on the main Printer Driver Properties screen, select the Advanced tab on the top, and then select the Printing Defaults button below
6.5 Select the Advanced button below
6.6 Select the new form name, Statement Form, from the Paper Size dropdown, and then OK below
6.7 Select OK on the screen below
7. Open the relevant Evolution company.
8. Go to the Accounts Receivable | Reports | Statements | Layout Options tab
9. Double click on the relevant design layout to open its Design screen
10. Within the Design screen, select the File | Page Setup menu
11. On the Printer tab, select the relevant printer driver on the Printer dropdown
12. On the Paper Size tab, select the new form name, Statement Form and the OK button
13. Back on the main Design screen, select the File | Save menu and then close the Design screen
14. Proceed to the Printer Options tab and select the Always Use Printer option and the relevant printer driver
15. You should now be able send your print jobs to the continues printing supported printer.