There are a few items that need to be updated when it comes to your employee benefits.
1. Update benefit calculations
The Update Benefits process allows you to calculate information pertaining to benefit premiums and coverage.
You must perform this process in the following situations:
- You have Downloaded/Imported benefit-related information from another system
- Benefit rate tables are setup to change over time (Examp: Benefit rates are determined by the employee's age or their seniority
- If you utilize Sage Employee Self Service: Perform the Update Benefit process after you have perfomed the Update Open Enrollment process.
Sage HRMS will calculate all active benefits enrollments for each employee regardless of the enrollment effective date.
Update benefits does not calculate/update:
- Waived coverage
- Expired benefit plans
To run the update benefit process:
- Select: Update Benefits
- Click: 'Yes' to begin the proces (Note: Once you begin the Update Benefits process, you cannot cancel the process)
- Click: 'Ok' when the process has completed
- Sage HRMS displays a message and asks for confirmation to continue.
For assistance with How to update insurance benefits rates, please see article:
For assistance with How to update benefits for the current year, please see article:
For assistance with How to automatically setup update benefits process, please see article: