This issue affects you if you use Sage 100 Contractor version 23.1.221 through 23.2.121.
In Sage 100 Contractor versions 23.1.221 through 23.2.121, if your company database is not accessible when nightly maintenance starts, the next time you open your company, you receive a severe warning message telling you that you must restore your company from a backup.
We’ve improved the nightly maintenance process for version 23.2. If another process (such as another backup system) is running at the same time as nightly maintenance, it prevents nightly maintenance from performing a data integrity check. The next time you open your company, Sage 100 Contractor warns you that a data integrity check could not be performed.
If you use Sage 100 Contractor version 23.1.221 through 23.2.121, install the new build of Sage 100 Contractor version 23.2.
After installing, if nightly maintenance cannot access your company data, the message that appears the next time you open your company tells you that nightly maintenance could not perform an integrity check.
Note: If you are upgrading from version 23.1, you will need to upgrade your database. If you are coming from version 23.2.121 you will not need to upgrade your database
To learn more about what can cause an access issue, read Sage Knowledgebase article 113197 Causes of SQL Server database inaccessibility.
• If you use third-party products that integrate with Sage 100 Contractor, check with the vendor of your third-party product to ensure their product is fully compatible with this release. If you integrate Sage 100 Contractor with other Sage products, check with your business partner or Sage to ensure that these components are compatible.
• Sage 100 Contractor version 23.2 is not compatible with Sage Estimating version 20.1 and earlier versions. If you integrate Sage 100 Contractor with Sage Estimating, do not install Sage 100 Contractor version 23.2 until you install Sage Estimating version 21.1.
• Review the Sage 100 Contractor 2021 v23 System Requirements before upgrading.
Download the update from the Sage Knowledgebase:
1. Click the link below to download and install the update:
2. If you are prompted to log on, enter your Customer Portal Username and Password, and then click Log on.
Visit www.Sage.com/Resources for options, including links to Sage Knowledgebase, Sage City, Sage University, and Sage Year-end Center, as well as Chat, and Online Case submission.
Questions? To start (or join) a discussion about this topic, please visit the Sage 100 Contractor General Discussion forum.