With year-end comes an uptick in calls regarding issues with downloading Aatrix form updates. So far this year we are seeing the most common errors present as:
- Runtime Error! Program…ge\Sage BusinessWorks\Enhanced Tax Reporting\Updater.exe abnormal program termination
- System Error…error opening or deleting file xxxx.txt
- There was a problem during the update process. Error downloading file http://updates.aatrix.com/aatrix releases/BWG24.0...
In these instances something in your environment (firewall or security software) is blocking the updates. The websites http://updates.aatrix.com/ and https://www.aatrix.com/info/updates/tech-info have all the information required to allow updating and eFiling. If everything on this page is allowed, no errors will occur.
If your IT is not able to figure out what is blocking the updates you can visit http://www.aatrix.com/sagebusinessworks and download the manual update. To download the manual update
- Browse to http://www.aatrix.com/sagebusinessworks
- Under Quarterly Updates select Sage BusinessWorks
- When prompted Save the file to a folder on your C:\Drive
- Browse to the location in previous step and right click on the Setup.exe file and select Run as Administrator
Note that this manual update may not be the most current updated file. If prompted for the automatic update again you can choose continue expired and then process your forms. Go back out to www.aatrix.com/sagebusinessworks later to see if there is a new version of the file as this file is not updated as soon as a new release is available.