IMPORTANT: Please download the latest service pack from the Sage customer support site after all Payroll year-end processing has been completed and after all 2018 W-2s have been printed. Installing the tax tables before completing year-end processing can cause issues with completing W-2s. If the service pack that includes the Early Tax Table Update (ETTU) has been installed prior to completing all Payroll year-end processing see Sage KnowledgeBase article 71870 What happens if the tax table update has been installed too early?
To download the service pack:
- Visit https://support.na.sage.com/
- Click Log on in the top right-hand corner
- Click Log on for downloads and personalized content
- Enter your Username and Password (If you are not already registered select Sign Up for portal account)
- Select My Downloads on the top right-hand side of your screen
- Select Sage BusinessWorks
- Select desired service pack
- Click the option to download the file
- If prompted, choose to Save the file (this is normally at the bottom of the screen) select to save the file to your Desktop. NOTE: If a location is not selected the download usually defaults to c:\User\[UserID]\Downloads.
- You can review the Release Notes regarding the service pack in the Related Resources section below
To install the service pack:
- Ensure all users are logged out of Sage BusinessWorks
- Double click on the file downloaded from https://support.na.sage.com/
- The default location it downloads to is C:\Users\[UserID]\Downloads
- Click Next > when prompted
- Accept the End User License and Support Agreement and click Next >
- Verify Entitlement information and click Next >
- Review install settings and click Next >
- The installation will now begin. When the installation is complete click Finish
- Login to Sage BusinessWorks and select Help, About and verify the service pack installed successfully
You can also view the video 80290 Video: How to download and install Sage BusinessWorks Accounting service packs
FAQ about service packs
- Do I have to install service packs directly at the server?
No, service packs can be installed on any workstation that has Sage BusinessWorks installed.
- Do all users have to be out of Sage BusinessWorks to install the service pack?
Yes, all users need to log out and remain out of the program while installing the service pack. If you receive a message stating that users are in the program when attempting to install the service pack see Sage KnowledgeBase article 17294 How to release or disconnect stranded users or tasks
- If I am trying to install the service pack on a new server and am receiving a message stating I need an entitlement code, what do I do?
Restore the System backup from the old server prior to installing the service pack. Restoring the System database will restore your custom users, forms and registration information.
- Are 2019 tax table updates available for Sage BusinessWorks 2017 and earlier?
No the 2019 tax table updates are available for Sage BusinessWorks 2018 and 2019 only.