We are pleased to announce the Sage 500 ERP 2021.0 product release. Starting March 23, 2021 is the time to update your Sage 500 product and receive the benefit of this release.
- Ability to Inactivate Certain Record Types: You can now make the following types of records inactive - Ship Methods.
- Ability to Select from Different Map Providers: Previously, only a single map provider was used for the address map buttons used throughout the system. Now it is possible to select from three different ones for the entire site, or to disable mapping services for the site. This also allows for a database update should a map provider’s API change in most cases. Previously, it required a client component update on each client machine.
- Document Transmittal: Document transmittal using SMTP now supports TLS 1.2.
- Double Sided Printing: Reports in Sage 500 will now allow Printing of Double-Sided reports.
- Unused Records Excluded from Report Selection Criteria: Unused options are now automatically excluded from report selection criteria. For example, if you have 20 ship methods set up, but only 8 of them are used on existing sales orders, only those eight that are used would be available in the selection criteria for an expected shipments report.
General Ledger Enhancements
- Ability to Expand GL Accounts on the Right or the Left: Previously, expanding a GL account segment was done to the left of the existing segment characters. In 2021, the segments can be expanded to the left or the right of the existing segment.
Accounts Payable Enhancements
- Add ability to view Pending Voucher Payment Applications: A new view to display pending voucher payment applications has been added to Business Insights Explorer View.
Accounts Receivable Enhancements
- Ability to Access Freight Sub-Tab When Entering Invoices: <ALT>-g now switches to the freight sub-tab of the Detail tab when entering invoices.
Purchase Order Enhancements
- Allow comment field to print receiving ticket report: Added comment field to allow user to optionally add a message that prints on the receiving ticket.
- The MRP Generation Report will now display the Planned Date: Planned Date will now display on the MRP Generation Report alongside of the required date.
Sales Order Enhancements
- Add the Customer PO field to the Sales Order Lines explorer view: Added the Customer PO field to the sales order lines Business Insights Explorer view.
- Sort Options for Pick Lists Selection form are now saved with the report settings: In the Pick List Selection Report Generation screen, if you save the report settings the Sort Selections used are saved with the rest of the report settings.
Note: More information about the release can be found in the Release Notes PDF in Download Sage 500 ERP Documentation 2021.
Important: If you use third-party products that integrate with Sage 500 ERP, check with the vendor of your third-party product to ensure their product is fully compatible with this release. If you integrate with other Sage products, check with your business partner or Sage to ensure that these components are compatible.
To update to the latest Sage 500 ERP release, contact your Sage business partner or download the update from the Sage Knowledgebase:
- Click the link below to access your product and documentation:
- Follow the steps under Log on to the Sage Knowledgebase
Visit www.Sage.com/Resources for options, including links to Sage Knowledgebase, Sage City, Sage University and Sage Year-end Center, as well as Online Case submission and Appointment scheduling.
Questions? To start (or join) a discussion about this topic, please visit the Sage 500 General Discussion Topics forum