I'm one of the admins to support Sage 500 on the back-end side for our Accounting Department, one of our accounting guys has Sage 500 on both the Virtual Machine and a regular desktop, he kept getting the error attached.
How error was replicated:
- Once the user tried to launch the application, he receives the attached error.
- Sage version 7.4
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7 32-bit
How issue was resolved:
I would like to find the root cause of this as I have already resolved the issue by doing the following:
- Had IT helpdesk reimaged the vm profile with Sage 500 included
- Dropped the existing user account in Sage application and recreated it
- From SQL Server under 'Logins', deleted the user and recreated it
- Checked the database for Sage with user and default schema as that user (e.g. CSmith)
- 'ApplicationDBRole' and 'Public' checked
-T4616 is a trace flag that can be enabled which Sage 500 does not set, see below:
I would like to know the following:
- What caused the error?
- If -T4616 is not relevant, why did it throw this error?