Currently, only the 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC forms are support Sage 300 in both paper and electronic formats.
These are the current 1099 Codes/Boxes supported:
Additional support for new Code/Box 11 (Fish purchased for resale) in the 1099 MISC has been added by 2022 PU2, 2021 PU5 and 2020 PU8.
1099-NEC – Paper or Electronic – Filed on or before January 31.
1099-MISC – Paper – Filed by February 28.
Electronic – Filed by March 31.
1099 related screens in Accounts Payable (KB:81096):
- A/P Setup, 1099/CPRS Codes:
This is where all the supported codes to be used needs to be setup first.
- A/P Vendors, Vendors, Invoicing tab:
After the codes are setup, they need to be added to each relevant vendor(s).
- A/P Transactions, Invoice Entry (IN, DN, CN):
Specify 1099 related amount in the transaction.
- A/P Vendors, 1099/CPRS Inquiry:
Have 2 Functionalities:
- Shows 1099 payment details for a range of Vendors and/or Codes.
- Add/Modify the 1099 payments (pending the options are turned on in A/P Setup, Options).
- A/P Reports, Print 1099/1096 Forms:
Print paper copies of 1099 forms.
- A/P Periodic Processing, 1099 Electronic Filing:
Generate 1099 electronic file.
Note: The details provide here are only for your reference. Check on the IRS site for more details and filing instructions.