Clear understanding of the user license count...?

I have a customer (2018 Premium, 100c) complaining about user license count issues, when we recently added a couple seats to deal with the extra connections.  What I have always found to be unclear is the number listed in the various screens / menus, with Sage 100 system consuming licenses by design.

Partner portal shows 14.  Perfect.  This includes the newly added users.

System Configuration (Modules tab) shows "Number of Registered User Licenses" of 16.  I've seen the number inflated before but never understood why this is done (with an official clear explanation).

*info shows "Total User Licenses" of 14.  Now, should this be 16, like the System Configuration number?  Or is it a true number (without any reserved system users included), properly matching the user count the customer is paying for?

The root problem is that Master Console is showing 11 Active Users, with new connections being denied, and I need to know whether there are hidden connections (bypassing the service / Master Console), or whether the system registration is not correct (14 vs 16 in the *info screen).

Parents
  • Update:

    Sage pointed me towards KB 41243, and apparently I was right in assuming the two numbers should match.

    I typed in and activated the old keys (which I luckily still have), then typed in and activated the new keys... and after a server restart the *info number is now 16 (14 + the two for CRM / Premium service).

    This tells me the *info is the technically active number, and System Configuration is not.  They "should" match, but something caused my customer's system to only partially bring in new keys when purchasing new users.  I used the "Update" button in System Configuration originally, so perhaps there is a bug in that function.

Reply
  • Update:

    Sage pointed me towards KB 41243, and apparently I was right in assuming the two numbers should match.

    I typed in and activated the old keys (which I luckily still have), then typed in and activated the new keys... and after a server restart the *info number is now 16 (14 + the two for CRM / Premium service).

    This tells me the *info is the technically active number, and System Configuration is not.  They "should" match, but something caused my customer's system to only partially bring in new keys when purchasing new users.  I used the "Update" button in System Configuration originally, so perhaps there is a bug in that function.

Children