We're having a negative inventory quantity issue/bug with Sage MAS 100 SQL. We can easily reproduce it, steps are outlined below. The version we're testing with is 2021 PU2, we could try the latest version but I believe it will be the same issue (I don't see a fix in release notes)
Inventory goes to negative simply doesn't make sense. Will have troubles dealing with auditors. I would like to have Sage fix this issue with a product update.
We've contacted Sage as well, and the rep wasn't really of any help. Asked us to try Private Batch (LOL really), or post it here for enough up-votes? I guess if you have the same problem and want Sage to fix it, please up-vote it. Will try to call Sage again, to get a different rep and see how that goes.
I really hope Sage can fix this issue, it's been plaguing us for 10+ years.
Steps to reproduce:
*Average Valuation* - An item with only 100 qty on hand.
1. Create transaction entry (Adjustment), remove 100 qty from an item (-100 qty)
2. Saves transaction entry (don’t post yet)
(Note: also happens with PO Return of Goods entry)
1. Before user#1 posted the transaction entry, user#2 created a sales order with the same item, and invoiced the entire 100 qty
2. User #2 updated/posted the invoiced batch, now the qty in Item Inquiry shows 0
1. Posts the transaction entry
2. Sage subtracts the 100 qty from the transaction entry, and now shows -100 under Item Inquiry
*Lot Serial* - An item with only 100 qty on hand
1. Create transaction entry (Adjustment), remove 100 qty from the lot (distribute)
2. Saves transaction entry (it needs to be saved)
3. Re-open the transaction entry, delete the line (or change the line to a different item code) that was created in step 1 above, but leave the transaction entry window open, don't do anything else. (At this point, Sage already releases the distribution)
1. User#2 created a sales order, invoice the order. Since the 100 qty was released from distribution, we can successfully distrbute the entire 100 qty onto the invoice.
2. Save the invoice and post. At this point, Item Inquiry shows 0 for the lot. (Note: the user can just leave the invoice saved and post at a later time, will be the same result)
1. While still in the original Transaction Entry window with the line item code deleted in the entry, for whatever reason, the user now decides to Cancel the Transaction Entry
2. Upon cancelling the transaction entry, the 100 qty that was previously saved, got reverted, so Sage re-distributed back the 100 qty onto the lot
3. User proceeds to post the Transaction Entry. Since the 100 qty was already taken by user#2's SO, posting this Transaction Entry will result in a negative 100 qty on the lot.
(Note: we have about 50 users in the system. So, this is a multi-user environment, where it's very hard to control who gets priority to do things over others, or if I should wait for you to do this first and then do my job.)