Connection to database error

We are consistenly getting an error regarding the connection to the Timeslips database.  When one user is connected, the others cannot access the database.  Once that user exits, another user may connect.  It does not seem to matter which user is connected first.  Support said that I need to check the connection from the software to the timeslips.cfg file on each computer running the main software.  However, the condition described above seems to imply a different issue with the connection, and I believe that all of my users are conencting through the terminal server to the main program.  We had an issue with licenses not being cleared, but I implmented the batch file script from support used to clear the licenses, and that issue seems to have been solved.  Not sure if the two are related.  Please advise.  The text of the error is as follows: 

 

Another program is accessing your Timeslips database in a way that prevents you from accessing it.

Check for these causes:
1. The file paths to each installation folder must look the same except for the drive letter.
     I:\Timeslips and J:\Timeslips are the same. I:\ and J:\Timeslips are not.

   If one of the stations is the server, it may be the culprit. It must use the same file path as other stations.

   On each computer, check the Installation Folder in Help; About.

   Use the Change Install Path command in Station Administrator on the computer that has a different file path.

2. Timeslips is installed in multiple locations. Only one installation can access a database.

3. A non-Timeslips program is using your database.

4. Run Station Administrator's Diagnose This Computer command for additional diagnostics.

Area: Table
Code: 126
Address: Exception tBDETableExceptionC in module Timeslip.exe at 0092E203.


Version: 17.0.2.0481
Table: General Setting
Record: 0
BDE Code: 11270

 

Thanks

 

  • I just tried correcting the path to the Timeslips.cfg file through the Station Administrator, which seemed to be pointed in the wrong place since it opened the wrong directory, intially.  Anyway, correcting this did not seem to resolve the issue.  There is an API license open that does not clear using the aforementioned script.  I wonder if this is the culprit?  Any help is appreciated, thanks. 

  • dpovinelli wrote:
    I just tried correcting the path to the Timeslips.cfg file through the Station Administrator, which seemed to be pointed in the wrong place since it opened the wrong directory, intially.  Anyway, correcting this did not seem to resolve the issue.  There is an API license open that does not clear using the aforementioned script.  I wonder if this is the culprit?  Any help is appreciated, thanks. 

    You should NOT install the TSTimer option in terminal server.  It is a real PITA.

     

    If you have already installed with that option, I would rename any and all instances of TSTimer.EXE on the server so that it will not find it and will not load it, and then reboot the server.

     

    It loads and runs by default on a "normal" install.  However, it uses an API license and I suspect is the API license that you are having trouble with.

     

    Hope this helps.  If you think this suggestion was especially helpful, please consider clicking the KUDOS! (yellow) icon in this message.  Thanks.

    Nancy Duhon, Esq.
    Certified Consultant for Timeslips and Amicus Attorney
    Duhon Technology Solutions, LLC
    [email protected]
    404-325-9779
    Providing personalized local and remote online support for Timeslips users for over 15 years. 

  • I cleared the API license in question yesturday successfully.  It had a date of 8/6/09.  I looked at the licenses through Station Admin today and noticed that it was back with the same date of 8/6.  Is there a similar process likethe one utilized in the script from support that clears out the Full Licenses?  I have already renamed the tstimer.exe file to .old.  Thanks for any assistance.

     

     


  • dpovinelli wrote:

    I cleared the API license in question yesturday successfully.  It had a date of 8/6/09.  I looked at the licenses through Station Admin today and noticed that it was back with the same date of 8/6.  Is there a similar process likethe one utilized in the script from support that clears out the Full Licenses?  I have already renamed the tstimer.exe file to .old.  Thanks for any assistance.

     

     


    Sorry, not sure about that one.  It would be my gut feeling that the script should clear all of them.  

     

    Does the script replace the file with one that has the 8/6/09 already in it perhaps?

     

    Hope this helps.  If you think this suggestion was especially helpful, please consider clicking the KUDOS! (yellow) icon in this message.  Thanks.

    Nancy Duhon, Esq.
    Certified Consultant for Timeslips and Amicus Attorney
    Duhon Technology Solutions, LLC
    [email protected]
    404-325-9779
    Providing personalized local and remote online support for Timeslips users for over 15 years. 

  • It's possible that it does replace it with that file.  Part of the process of implementing the script was to copy the Timeslips.cfg file to another directory so that the script could delete it and replace it with the one from the new location.  Perhaps if I cleared that license along with the others and then recopied that Timeslips.cfg file as described in the implementation process from support, that would be cleared permanenetly.  Thanks for your help thus far.