When I want to open the Peachtree Accounting Program I get the following message."Error loading current company file". How can I fix this?
You need to provide more information related to your problem.
What version of Peachtree are you using?
What version of Windows (XP, Vista, Win7)?
Are you using Peachtree on a network?
The error message is exact in verbiage to that actually received?
Are you able to open one of the Peachtree Sample Companies ie. Bellwether, Stone Arbor or others?
I am facing the same problem.Now i would to answer your queries?
1. We are using Peachtree Complete Accounting-2009
2. We are Using Windows Xp Version
3. We are using PT with LAN
4. Yes this is the exact phrase
5. No We can not open any other sample companies.
Please resolve our problem.
This problem is answered in the Peachtreee Knowledgebase Answer ID #21927. The following is an excerpt from this article.
This occurs when Peachtree attempts to open a company that is damaged or has been removed from the Peachtree directory. To resolve this, you will need to force Peachtree to open the Startup screen rather than the last company opened. Follow the steps below to correct:
Note: This article contains information about modifying the registry. It is strongly recommend that you backup the registry before you modify it. You should perform these steps only if you are familiar with editing the Windows Registry. Please contact your local IT Administrator or Computer Consultant for assistance if needed.
1. Press the Windows logo and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window. Type regedit in the Open box and click OK.
2. Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Peachtree\(Flavor of Peachtree)\(Version of Peachtree)
3. Highlight the Open History folder in the left-pane and on the right-pane delete all string values starting with Company.
Note: Default has to stay in this window. Do not delete this string value.
4. Highlight the Options folder in the left-pane.
5. On the right-pane, double-click lastcompanyopen and delete the Value Data. Click OK.
6. On the right-pane, double-click lastcompanyopenlong and delete the Value Data. Click OK.
7. On the right-pane, double-click lastcompanyopenshort and delete the Value Data. Click OK.
8. On the right-pane, double-click showstartup change the 0(zero) to 1(one) and click OK.
9. Close the Registry Editor and open Peachtree.
Once Peachtree opens to the Startup Screen, select File, Open Company and select your company.