Error message: "Could not launch launcher service. Please check your installation"
I did see the posting about running the Client Configuration Utility but this is occurring on a weekly basis.
My clients environment: ~Six Citrix servers running Windows Server 2008R2. ~MAS 500 is limited to three of the six Citrix servers with load balancing enabled, clients can't choose which server to connect to. ~ This is affecting only one user with roaming profiles enabled. ~ Client launches a full desktop,
I ran the Client Configuration utility the first time on each of the Citrix servers, forcing the client to connect to each of the Citrix servers that are running MAS 500. This seemed to resolve the issue for a few weeks but it returned two weeks ago and not it's on a weekly basis that I have to run the utility. I have isolated the application and only have it launching from one of the Citrix servers for now. Looking for some suggestions.
We've solved weird problems by deleting the windows profile and letting it rebuild. Might give that a try. We don't use Citrix though.
We were getting this pretty frequently on our Windows Terminal Servers. I re-installed Sage 500 a couple times before the frequency of the errors finally decreased. Still happens occasionally, but not that often.
I have deleted the user CitrixProfile as well as the user's folders and system profile on each Citrix server and so far it is holding. I have another user at the same client that is now having the same problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling an application a couple of times on multiple Citrix server is unacceptable and not really a fix. It's one thing if we only had a few clients but we have a large number of clients with multiple servers in four different data centers across the US. We also have 8-10 clients that run Sage software and no one else at this time is having a problem.
This worked after doing it for the 5th time, just not really a fix. Thanks,
I totally agree. I don't understand it, but that's the only "solution" I could come up with. I wonder if web-based apps have their own kind of problems like this or if this kind of thing is more of a Windows operating system issue.