Period-end/Year-end processing cannot be undone. Make sure to make a backup or copy company before processing period/Year-end in Payroll
Period End Processing Checklist (Quarter End and Year End):
- Back up your company data files onto a quarterly set of backup disks or tapes &/or make a Copy Company, please see Related Article How to Create a New Company code and Copy Company Data from Existing Company Code.
- Open Payroll > Period End > Period End Processing
- Select Quarter End Processing radio button
- Note: When closing Year-End, select Quarter and Year-End Processing
- Select checkboxes for the reports to be printed, and click Print
- After the reports are printed and verified, click Yes at the "Complete period-end processing?" prompt.
- Open Payroll > Setup > Payroll Options
- On the Main tab, verify the Current Year and Quarter are correct.
- Note: If the year &/or period is not correct, do not manually change them in payroll options, something must have gone wrong when processing period end; copy the copy company made in step 1 back over to the live company and repeat steps #2-6 above or call Sage 100 Support.
Install Tax Table Update - Product and Tax Updates