Create Follow Up on Lead not linking to original Lead

My team is using the Create Follow Up Task when Completing Communications. The problem is if the communication is linked to a Lead it doesn't link the new Communication to the Lead.

Parents
  • Damien

    I have just tried the following.

    1) Navigated to a Opportunity.  I created a 'Phone Out' Task.  The Communication was associated with the Opportunity.  I then opened the Task and marked it as complete and ticked 'Follow up appointment'.  One saving the updated task the new Communication screen showed that the Communication was linked to the Opportunity.  I saved the appointment and it was linked to the Opportunity.

    2) Navigated to an existing Lead 'In Progress'.  One that was not promoted  linked to a Company or Person.  I created a 'Phone Out' Task.  The Communication was associated with the Lead.  I then opened the Task and marked it as complete and ticked 'Follow up appointment'.  One saving the updated task the new Communication screen showed that the Communication was linked to the Lead.  I saved the appointment and it was linked to the Lead.

    Can you provide the steps to demonstrate the problem you've been having?

  • Thank you Mr. Richards:

    I am not exactly sure what is going on then. The example followed suit to what you listed in number 2. Non-Converted Lead and linked to Company, however the task was not linked to a Person. Not sure if the person not being linked had something to do with it. I am not willing to change the view that is used for the communication screen (it has only had a few fields added from the communications table, which automatically become available for use on that screen). 

    I do have script that transfers data from the original task to the newly created follow-up task, for certain fields. However, [comm_LeadID] is not one of the fields available to me on this screen, which is just baffling to me. Nonetheless, using the script that I use to transfer data from the original task mentioned above I was able to put a fix in for this issue. The [Comm_Link] table is included on this view with the [CmLi_Comm_LeadID] so I set that value with the following script

    (Note the following script is used on multiple fields on the communication screen with slight variations)

    if (FormValues("DoFollowUpTask"))
    {
          var commRecord = CRM.FindRecord("Comm_Link", "CmLi_Comm_CommunicationId=" + Values('Key6'));

          if(!commRecord.Eof)
          {
                  var commValue = commRecord.CmLi_Comm_LeadID;
                  DefaultValue=commValue;
           }
    }

    This automatically makes the communication show up on the Lead task list, which respectively is what is needed, but I want the system to work like it is supposed to. So I have a process that runs periodically, that writes the LeadID from the [Comm_Link] table to the [Communication] table. I don't know what is going on here, but for the time being I have a fix in place.

Reply
  • Thank you Mr. Richards:

    I am not exactly sure what is going on then. The example followed suit to what you listed in number 2. Non-Converted Lead and linked to Company, however the task was not linked to a Person. Not sure if the person not being linked had something to do with it. I am not willing to change the view that is used for the communication screen (it has only had a few fields added from the communications table, which automatically become available for use on that screen). 

    I do have script that transfers data from the original task to the newly created follow-up task, for certain fields. However, [comm_LeadID] is not one of the fields available to me on this screen, which is just baffling to me. Nonetheless, using the script that I use to transfer data from the original task mentioned above I was able to put a fix in for this issue. The [Comm_Link] table is included on this view with the [CmLi_Comm_LeadID] so I set that value with the following script

    (Note the following script is used on multiple fields on the communication screen with slight variations)

    if (FormValues("DoFollowUpTask"))
    {
          var commRecord = CRM.FindRecord("Comm_Link", "CmLi_Comm_CommunicationId=" + Values('Key6'));

          if(!commRecord.Eof)
          {
                  var commValue = commRecord.CmLi_Comm_LeadID;
                  DefaultValue=commValue;
           }
    }

    This automatically makes the communication show up on the Lead task list, which respectively is what is needed, but I want the system to work like it is supposed to. So I have a process that runs periodically, that writes the LeadID from the [Comm_Link] table to the [Communication] table. I don't know what is going on here, but for the time being I have a fix in place.

Children
No Data