How can I configure the quick search so that it does not search phones or emails?
In short, just search by name.
I believe you can do this by:
1. Stop the quickfind service
2. Delete the quickfind folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\CRM\CRM\QuickFind)
3. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\CRM\Services\QuickFind\Templates\instance\conf
4. Edit data-config-fixed.xml, remove/comment out the emailcomposer/phonecomposer sections
5. start quickfind, wait for rebuild.
As always, back up before making changes.
You are a crack!
Thanks a lot John, works fine!
Thanks for this - much appreciated!
Inspired by your tip I tried to adapt the data-config.xml in order to remove the inactive records from the quick find results but with no success.
I haven't tried to change which records are returned by the Quickfind process, I would expect that you would be able to just edit the data.config.xml file and change the where clause of the "query" attribute (maybe the "deltaImportQuery", "deltaQuery" attributes also). For example, add "and comp_status <> 'Inactive'"
You will probably also have to change the where clause of the "deletedPkQuery" attribute so it picks up non active records as deleted. For exmaple, add "or comp_status = 'Inactive'"