Sage CRM provides a set of internal logging mechanisms that allow system administrators and implementors to monitor the operation of the system and to help diagnose the source of any issues that may arise.
If you are unfamiliar with controlling logging with Sage CRM then you may find this video a useful introduction. The video covers the knowledge needed to understand how to configure the logging levels for the main system screens, including SQL logs and System logs.
Within the Community site, several articles have been written that discuss logging that may be directly useful for developers wanting to extend the information added to the logs, to create their own logs and to have those logs included in the Sage CRM logging system screen.
- Logging improvements and additional information stored in the Activity table
- Changes in logging associated with Java based features
Creating your own Custom Logs (using FileSystemObject)
- Using a Table Level Script to Track Changes to Data Made by Users.
- Validation rules don't always mean "Stop!"
Adding addition Custom Log Messages to the SQL Logs
- Write to the CRM logs in a server-side script
- How do you know if your Table Level Scripts are being executed?
Tomcat and SData Logs