The release of Sage CRM 2021 R1 has seen several small updates and changes to the APIs in addition to the main RESTful API expansion.
The RESTful interfaces have seen a significant expansion in this release – we are still calling this ‘beta’ but that is because we are still planning more work on the interfaces.
The RESTful API Expansion has added endpoints that enable:
- The management of document upload.
- Schema discovery - there are end points to discover what fields are contained in screens and lists and what attributes and business rules are associated with those fields. This is really useful for people are creating apps and portals.
- Quickfind find endpoints - this allows you to search for data across entities.
- Access to user based information including preferences and settings including the calendar information.
- That notification messages and user favourite data can be shared from Sage CRM into custom applications.
- The capability to perform batch operations.
The documentation for the new endpoint is split between the Developer Guide and the REST API reference on the Help Centre (http://help.sagecrm.com)
Example usage of all the endpoints are given in the Postman Collection that can be downloaded by following the links in both the Dev Guide and the REST API reference.
We be publishing supporting blogs and videos to explain the usage of each of the new endpoints.
Sage CRM SDK Installer
The SDK has been reissued for Sage CRM 2021 R1.
There are projects, templates and code snippets available for the .NET API, COM ASP, SOAP and Client Side APIs.
The SDK installer can be downloaded from the Sage CRM community.
Other API changes in Sage CRM 2021 R1
- Client-side API
- CRMS-295 The Client-side API returned the wrong start time for an appointment. Fixed.
- RESTful API
- CRMS-218 Creating a lead through the POST /Lead RESTful API endpoint failed when the Lead_PersonEmail parameter value exceeded 12 characters. Fixed.
- CRMS-430 The Developer Help has been updated with instructions on how to configure Postman to allow the wildcard (%) to be used.
The community also has a large set of custom components all updated for Sage CRM 2021 R1 that demonstrate different development techniques.