In this article, I want to consider some of the Key Customer Experience fixes and Usability Enhancements in Sage CRM 2020 R1
Sage CRM 2021 R1 is a significant release. It contains some major changes such as
- OAuth2 for Internal E-mail and Advanced E-mail Manager
- Self-service password recovery
- Inline customization of lists and grids
Sage has also resolved over 35 customer cases and enhancement requests that improve the overall customer experience.
These issues are spread over all of the modules of the product. The main areas seeing fixes and customer suggested enhancements are
- Calendar 4
- Core Product 3
- Customisation 4
- Documentation 3
- Email 3
- Lead 3
- Quickfind 3
If we just consider the calendar fixes these were
- We have fixed the issue that when a user created a quick task or appointment, one of the following issues occurred:
- The created item used the system time zone instead of the time zone set in the user preferences.
The time set in the created item was wrong.
- When a user created an appointment with a custom status, the Meeting Planner didn't reflect the appointment times.
- The Timeline view in the Team CRM calendar didn't show appointments for users who had the team selected in Team CRM for assigned as their display team.
- The wrong start time was returned for an appointment in certain circumstances.
Each of the customer cases resolved, like the ones listed above, has a CRMS number that can be traced all the way back to the initial logging of the issue with the customer’s local Sage office.
Descriptions of all new features, enhancements, and addressed issues in Sage CRM 2021 R1 can be found in the Release Notes. The release notes have been localised and translated for each of the supported languages. These will also be published on the Sage CRM Help Center and provided with the setup package in English, German, French, and Spanish.
Customers and partners can use the documentation to confirm that their issues have been resolved. The release notes have changed slightly for Sage CRM 2021 R1 onwards. The individual cases notes have been expanded to include longer descriptions of the issue resolved.
In addition to the bug fixes within the Release Notes – there have been a very large number of changes to documentation
- The User Guide and Online Help have been updated to include
- The Click to dial links feature
- How to use Self-service password recovery
- The System Administration Guide has also been updated to include
- The configuration of OAuth2 for Internal E-mail and Advanced E-mail Manager
- How to use Inline customization of lists and grids
- How to create new Self-service password recovery templates
- Changes to Software Requirements
- The Developer Guide and Help has also been updated to include
- A description of the major expansion of supported REST API endpoints
- Changes to the Advanced Customization Wizard
And all of the information is found on the Help Center. (Http://help.sagecrm.com)