In this second article of the series I want to consider the how to get Mailchimp ready for the integration. This will include how to generate the API keys and identify the Audience to which Sage CRM will send contact details - these will become Mailchimp audience subscribers.
You will need to have a Mailchimp account (and an audience) already created. Assuming that you have that, you next need to logon and click to open the admin menu.
And select Account. The API Keys are found under the 'Extras' menu option.
If you don't have a key there will be an option to create one.
You will need to copy this to a text file until you are ready to use it in Sage CRM.
Within the settings of the Audience you will find the Audience ID – this is unique to each Audience.
This is in small text and could be easily overlooked.
Copy the Audience ID in to a text file until you are ready to use it in Sage CRM.
The next article will cover exactly that, how to use the API Key and Audience ID to configure the integration with Sage CRM.
The articles in the series are:
- Mailchimp - An Introduction
- How to get Mailchimp ready for the integration (Generate the API keys and set up an audience)
- How to set up the Integration within Sage CRM
- Authorising users to access the Mailchimp features
- Creating a Group in Sage CRM and adding it as a segment to a Mailchimp audience
- Creating the campaign in CRM and sending to Mailchimp
- Reviewing the campaign results in Sage CRM and creating groups from responses