At this point in the journey through the email marketing programme, you will (hopefully!) have picked up some useful tips on how to maximise the impact of your mail content, layout and design.
To finish up we will take a quick look at the key points to consider:
- The email layout and design are vital if you are to win the attention of prospects and customers.
- The design needs to be eye-catching and desirable, reflecting the brand message and communicating the benefit to the recipient in a transparent manner.
- The format of most email is usually either promotional or editorial in nature, the former focusing on particular product or service benefits with a view to creating a lead, and the latter serving more as an information platform (though this may subsequently lead to a promotional campaign).
- To get the most out of your design, it is important to have an attractive and effective layout.
- Choose a template most suited to the design style, and then combine both text and images.
- It is important to ensure that your mail is still understandable without images, as many email clients won't load them immediately when opened.
- Pay close attention to what will be read first, as people tend to scan content starting from the top top-left of the screen.
- Make sure your subject and "from" lines are well-crafted, and place your call-to-action prominently within the mail
- Using personalised content, from the greeting through to content and delivery scheduling, will also boost your campaign performance.
Hopefully these tips will help you create dynamic content, allowing you to build a closer relationship with your customers.