The document upload into Sage CRM is designed to allow the easy upload of files on an Ad Hoc basis. The document upload feature (at the time of writing this article) differs slightly depending on which browser you use. But it can be time consuming to add groups of files to company and person records if there are a large number of existing files that need importing.
There may customer requirements to store relatively large numbers of documents associated with a company, person or opportunity record outside the main librabry mechanism.
The articles below summarize the way in which a developer can approach working with the library.
Note: This is a first attempt to bring these articles together and there have been several important changes to the software over recent versions. I welcome any comments that you may have on the individual articles and how this topic can be improved and expanded.
About the library and how documents are stored in Sage CRM
- Some thoughts about the Library
- More Adventures with the Library
- Security Rights on Documents
- Hiding the Global Library (Shared Documents) by teams
- Controlling the Size and Type of Documents a user can upload
- Managing Disc Clutter And Deleting Redundant and Unwanted Files
Moving files and adding them to the library
- Moving files into the Library using the serverside COM API.
- Uploading Documents to the Library with the ASP COM API
- Listing Files Not Uploaded and Stored using the Sage CRM interface
- REST API File Upload enhancement
- REST API Managing documents
Coding with the Interface
Older articles about cataloguing and indexing files (read the comments)