Please review the new features available below for the Distribution & Manufacturing Module on the Release notes for 2021 R2 (Version 12.0.26):
Click on the link to Release notes at the bottom of the page
Sage X3 Automated Data Collection for Distribution
You can use the Sage X3 Automated Data Collection (ADC) web-based functions for Distribution. These functions, compatible with Android mobile handheld devices, provide secure Shop floor Execution and Automation processes.
- ADC purchase receipt
- ADC view purchase order to receive
- ADC view purchase order
- ADC putaway
- ADC stock change
- ADC location reordering
- ADC stock by location
- ADC stock by product site
- ADC pick ticket
- ADC miscellaneous receipt
- ADC miscellaneous issue
Enhance LPN creation on the fly in stock receipt
Performance has been improved when you create license plate numbers on the fly on stock receipt flows.
Creation of invoices from contracts: Defining the estimated date
To be compliant with your legislation, use the DATREFCON – Service contract invoice date parameter (HDK chapter, INV group) to indicate which date is used to initialize the invoice date of the next service contract invoice. It can be Today's date (default value) or the service contract Next invoice date. This parameter is used when generating the invoice by clicking the Invoice action from the Service contract function (GESCON) or by picking the service contract from the Sales invoice function (GESSIH).
Finite Scheduler: Product setup matrix integration with Web Scheduling (version 11.9.6 mandatory)
Three new setup functions have been made available on the Setup > Manufacturing > Finite scheduler advanced submenu. Use these new functions when producing multiple products using common resources to organize the sequence of production to minimize the setup time between products and operations.
- Use the Attribute function (GESGFSATT) to define custom attributes for products and product-site records, such as color or can size (440g, 800g, 1200g).
- Use the Setup time matrix function (GESGFSSTM) to define a setup time matrix linking product attributes and values.
- Use the Optimization matrix function (GESGFSOPT) to define a setup time matrix for work centers.
Note: The product "setup matrix" functionality is only used with Sage X3 Web Scheduling or with a web scheduling solution developed by an ISV (independent software vendor). It is not used with Sage X3 work orders or scheduling.
NPI: Manage release to production - New design BOMs published as Production BOMs
Once a design product has been published to the Products table (ITMMASTER) the design BOM can be published to become a full production BOM. Publication of a design BOM to a production BOM is therefore permitted whilst the Approval status is Approved for pilot or Approved for production, effectively skipping an extensive approval process. Publishing the design BOM to a production BOM:
- Publishes the product design BOM header text to the production BOM header.
- Publishes the product design BOM component text to the production BOM components.
- Where the product design BOM is a subassembly in other product design BOMs, updates the component type from Design assembly to Existing assembly, and the component code.
Circuit & drawing references can be recorded against production BOM component records. This enhancement is particularly useful for electronic components.
NPI: Manage release to production - New design BOMs product published to Inventory records
A product design BOM created using the Product design function (GESNPI) can be published to the Products table (ITMMASTER) when the Approval status is set to Approved for pilot or Approved for production. Publishing the product to the Products table at either approval status:
- Creates the first major and/or minor product version matching the product.
- Creates product-site records matching the product category.
- Creates the product costs records.
- Publishes an image included in the product design BOM to the new product record (in the Products function (GESITM)).
The Component requirement calculation function (BOMRET) has been renamed Trial kitting. The Trial kitting function (BOMRET) provides functionality that can calculate production capacity for a specific date based on real-time, available stock. The maximum quantity that can be produced immediately is provided as well as the first date when the required quantity could be available (FDMA).
Note: This functionality is closely related to the view provided by the Multilevel BOMs function (VISUBOMG) for both manufacturing and subcontracting BOMs.
Credit memos displayed in project financial overviews
The Project management function (GESPJM) has been enhanced to display a new field in the Revenue section of the project financial status - Credit memos.
The Total revenue (QTY) field has been deprecated.
This enhancement is available for new customers. Existing customers must make changes to the project report overviews to display this new field.
Time tracking on non-project activities
- Employees can now record time for non-project activities such as administrative time, annual leave and sick leave. This enhanced functionality delivers a complete overview of time spent by an employee.
To support this new functionality the following enhancements are provided:
- A new Non-project category check box is available in the Time category function (GESPJTC).
- A cost type can be assigned to a time category with the Non-project category check box selected in the Time category
- Time entry lines for time categories with the Non-project category check box selected can be added to the Time entry (PJMTE) and Weekly timesheet (PJMTEW) functions. The labor rate is determined by the cost type assigned to the non-project time category if the cost type has been defined in the Time category
Note: Selecting a project when adding a new time entry line does not permit selection of non-project time categories.
Financial overview parameters (Entry points)
Three new entry points have been made available:
- PJMFINFRE- Use this entry point to add new customized criteria to the project Financial overview. The new criteria provides 4 customizable date fields, 4 customizable numeric fields and 4 customizable text fields. The customized fields will be sent as additional parameters to the SQL queries defined in the Financial overview queries function (GESPJQ) to filter the project Financial status as displayed in the Financial overview function (PJMFINOV0).
- PJMRPTFRE- Use this entry point to add the new customized fields to the project Financial status extraction function (PJMRPTEXT).
- PJMSNPFRE- Use this entry point to add the new customized fields to the project Financial snapshot extraction function (PJMSNPEXT).
Time category initialization
The Project management function (GESPJM) has been enhanced to set up time categories from the earliest stages of a project definition. A new field - Time category (PTETYP) - is available as follows:
- A Time category can be added to all levels of the Cost structure.
- A Time category can be added to all tasks, operations, and employee assignments in the Task planning.
- A default Time category can be defined for each task category and default operation in the Task category function (GESTCA). New project tasks and the default operations will default to this time category.
- A default Time category can be defined for each employee in the Users function (GESAUS), Project management New operation assignment lines will default to the user's time category.
Each time a time entry record is created in the Time entry (PJMTE) and Weekly timesheet (PJMTEW) functions the default Time category will be assigned based on the budget, task, operation, or employee assignment Time category.
Notes: The Time category field (PTETYP) can only be assigned to project time categories, it cannot be assigned to non-project categories such as annual leave. Time categories can be modified in the Task planning, Time entry (PJMTE), and Weekly timesheet (PJMTEW) functions.