In the last few months we had to cope with some data corruption. To get rid of it, we and our technical support had to wiped out all works orders in our "Orders" module.
The result was what we wanted to, there wasn't any inaccurate allocated products.
However, after a few days we came across with the following:
We press the "Fix" button, and we run file maintenance once again, and the output was:
So, after some investigation we got to the bottom of some of the issues. The majority of them were related to bulk issue items (which shouldn't happen as it is a bit tricky to screen real problems), nevertheless we sorted the majority. But it somehow duplicated some of the lines and now we can't fix them, as we don't know where they are allocated.
The other problems, as we had the works orders numbers were easy fixed. The products code were in the respective works orders, we just typed them once again (sage popped the message "this component already exist on the Works Order"), we deleted the other line and allocated again, problem solved.
But now every time we run maintenance we have the following:
Any idea how to fix it?
Thank you :)
Please get back in touch with your Business Partner. The decision to delete the works orders from the orders list to fix the corruption will need to be revisited.
What do you mean with "will need to be revisited"?
If your Business Partner has advised you to delete all works orders from your Orders list and you subsequently get issues with allocations, the original advice was wrong. Your Business Partner needs to know you are having problems so they can rethink the strategy and provide the correct advice. You may need to restore back ups of both you accounts and manufacturing data to get back to a point before you deleted works orders.
Now it is working fine. As I said, the majority of them were related to bulk issue items and the others were related to some WOs, but it did show the WOs numbers and we fixed them.
The issue now is that we pressed the "fix" button on file maintenance and it somehow duplicated some of the lines and it doesn't show the WOs numbers, so I don't know how to fix it.
Our technical support told us that we shouldn't have pressed that button as it is somehow is "out of date".
Thank you :)
Good to hear your BP provided you with the reassurance you needed. It's what they are there for.