How do I create a Ledger Entry? I'm using C#

I'm at a loss here guys.  The documentation sucks, I feel like I'm on an island, and I'm way behind in my project.  Hoping there might be someone, anyone that might have a clue as to how to create a ledger entry and relate it back to an invoice.

Parents
  • The API documentation improved over time, but I was still on my own while attempting to complete this task.  I did finally figure it out and for anyone else that needs help with this, below are the steps I took to create a Ledger Entry (and Ledger Item).

Creation of Ledger Entry:

var requestUrl = string.Format("{0}/services/data/{1}/sobjects/{2}", _url, _version, SageObjectNames.LedgerEntry);
    var client = new RestClient(requestUrl);
    var request = new RestRequest(Method.POST)
    {
        RequestFormat = DataFormat.Json
    };

request.AddHeader("cache-control", "no-cache");
    request.AddHeader("Content-Type", "application/json");
    request.AddHeader("Authorization", "Bearer " + _auth);
    request.AddParameter("application/json; charset=utf-8", "{ \"s2cor__Code__c\":\"" + reference + "\", \"s2cor__Date__c\": \"" + date.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd") + "\" }", ParameterType.RequestBody);

var response = client.Execute(request);
    var jobject = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<JObject>(response.Content);
    var entryId = jobject["id"].ToString();

Creating a Ledger Item for a Ledger Entry:

var requestUrl = string.Format("{0}/services/data/{1}/sobjects/{2}", _url, _version, SageObjectNames.LedgerItem);
    {
    };

request.AddParameter("application/json; charset=utf-8", "{ \"s2cor__Ledger_Entry__c\": \"" + ledgerEntryId + "\", \"s2cor__Ledger_Account__c\":\"" + ledgerAccountId + "\", \"s2cor__Base_Credit__c\": " + baseCredit.ToString() + ", \"s2cor__Base_Debit__c\": " + baseDebit.ToString() + ", \"s2cor__Description__c\":" + description + " }", ParameterType.RequestBody);

var itemId = jobject["id"].ToString();

Hope this helps others get started.  I use RestSharp (NuGet Package) and a host of other base methods that help me build the request and retrieve the response (deserialize).

• The API documentation improved over time, but I was still on my own while attempting to complete this task.  I did finally figure it out and for anyone else that needs help with this, below are the steps I took to create a Ledger Entry (and Ledger Item).

Creation of Ledger Entry:

var requestUrl = string.Format("{0}/services/data/{1}/sobjects/{2}", _url, _version, SageObjectNames.LedgerEntry);
    {
    };

request.AddParameter("application/json; charset=utf-8", "{ \"s2cor__Code__c\":\"" + reference + "\", \"s2cor__Date__c\": \"" + date.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd") + "\" }", ParameterType.RequestBody);

var entryId = jobject["id"].ToString();

Creating a Ledger Item for a Ledger Entry:

var requestUrl = string.Format("{0}/services/data/{1}/sobjects/{2}", _url, _version, SageObjectNames.LedgerItem);
    {
    };

request.AddParameter("application/json; charset=utf-8", "{ \"s2cor__Ledger_Entry__c\": \"" + ledgerEntryId + "\", \"s2cor__Ledger_Account__c\":\"" + ledgerAccountId + "\", \"s2cor__Base_Credit__c\": " + baseCredit.ToString() + ", \"s2cor__Base_Debit__c\": " + baseDebit.ToString() + ", \"s2cor__Description__c\":" + description + " }", ParameterType.RequestBody);

var itemId = jobject["id"].ToString();

Hope this helps others get started.  I use RestSharp (NuGet Package) and a host of other base methods that help me build the request and retrieve the response (deserialize).

Children
No Data