Payroll adjustment for 2020

We need to reverse payroll entries from 2020 and enter them into a different employee - T4A's only.  Is this possible?  I can't seem to void or enter payroll cheques in 2020.

  • Hi @Susiebee,

    Thanks for reaching out. Did you ever find an answer to your question? KB 59995 has details on how reverse the earnings of an employee.


    To reverse all earning off an employee in the payroll module you will need to do a negative timecard.

    1. Make sure you have a backup of the company data.
    2. Click Edit, Payroll, Details.
    3. Select Employee No.
    4. Click Timecard tab and make note of the last pay period used.
    5. Click Earnings tab.
    6. Make note of the figures in This Year column.
    7. Click Timecard icon.
    8. Enter Pay period with last pay period used.
    9. Click OK for message "A paid timecard for this pay period already exists. This timecard will be supplementary for this pay period".
    10.  Select Pay Type of earning you wish to reverse.
    11. Enter negative amount in Amount field to reverse the earning.
    12. Click enter or tab key to put this pay type in grid.
    13. Repeat steps 10 to 12 until all pay types are entered.
    14. Click Total button.
    15. Enter negative amounts in Federal tax, C.P.P, EI, Benefit fields and Deduction fields if needed.  Until Net pay fields is correct.
    16. Click Print button.
    17. Once the cheque is print, this will reverse the amount of earnings off this employee.

    To move amount to sharesholder account you will need to do a manual journal entry in general ledger to credit the bank account and credit the shareholder owning account.  If you are unsure on doing this journal entry please take to your accountant.

    Hope this helps!

    Warm Regards,