Interface issue with Sage 50 2016

We have an interface which connect with Sage 50. The interface is written in VB.NET. It worked fine before sage 50 upgrade to 2016. The random crash would happen when exporting invoice to Sage 50 2016. There is no error message left. I tried add try..catch in code. But it didn't work. This is a really headache issue.  Could anyone give me a hand to figure out the problem. We use the latest Sage 50 2016 SDK, it is Canadian edition.

  • Hi,

    bonedragon said:
    The random crash would happen when exporting invoice to Sage 50 2016.

    Random?   Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't?  

    Are there any Windows Event Log messages?

    Anything in the company file .SAJ folder message / error logs?

    bonedragon said:
    Could anyone give me a hand to figure out the problem. We use the latest Sage 50 2016 SDK, it is Canadian edition.

    I just grabbed the latest SDK, likely all I will be able to tell you is that it works on my machine. 

    bonedragon said:
    I tried add try..catch in code. But it didn't work.

    You could set up a sort of logging by inserting code to send variable values to console or a text file before each statement.  If it completely crashes, you'll at least know what code was running.  

  • Really thank you reply.

    It was true sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
    There was no value messages in .SAJ folder. It just told me connection is closed by force.
    I created log file to trace process, but that crash random happened at different procedure.

    But finally I found problem today. It is sample but really annoying. I am not familiar with VB.NET and the code was running well on old version. I don't know it is old rule before or just change on .net framework 4.5 or 4.5.2. When you declare more than one array in a function, the array has small size need be declared at first, otherwise it will not be visited correctly. I just changed all functions which have more than one array, then interface works as before.