I know this topic has come up many times and I have read over them and made appropriate changes but I still cannot get my Sage 50 Canadian edition to interface with my Outlook 2013 (32 bit!).
The following message comes us
Randy, your link opens Outlook 2013 for me too, but I get the same error emailing with Sage
but I can email using Quickbooks - so it can't be a firewall issue
to be sure, I disabled the firewall and tried Sage again - same error
but when I open outlook, I get
sage 50 add-in
the parameter is incorrect
what parameter ?
I click ok, and outlook opens
Open Control Panel, right-click on Sage 50
Do a 'change' installation of Sage 50, and un-check the Add-In for Outlook, then do another 'change' installation of Sage 50, and select it to install.
It can still be an anti-malware / firewall issue if you can email from one program, and not another, since the antimalware / firewall software may be configured to block some programs, and not others.
I've seen Norton silently block Sage 50 from connecting to data on another workstation, opening the firewall for 15 minutes made everything work. Then came the fun process of configuring Norton...
Panda was especially certain that Sage 50 was evil for trying to connect to anything. I had to completely uninstall it and use Windows Defender.
So, yes, anti-malware isn't an excuse from a support tech. If all the software is installed, all the wiring is hooked up, and it still doesn't work, it's the most probable cause of an issue.
reinstalling the feature fixed the add-in problem, there is now a second option on the outlook ribbon - menu commands and the sync option seems to work
but sending an email to [email protected] still produces the mapi error
this is after disabling the windows firewall and AVG antivirus
more testing to be done
There are other possible fixes in this thread, including installing Mozilla Thunderbird (?):
There are some possibly applicable fixes in this thread for another software product:
Running FixMAPI may work, or checking that the registry key is there may also work, but it also may require what they did - change their software to finally fix the issue, for a ''few of their clients''.
If you've tried everything else suggested here and in the knowledgebase, it may be time to open a support ticket with Sage.
Dont bother opening a sage support ticket. After being on hold for 45 minutes waiting for "tech support", i was informed that it is a "windows issue" and that sage does not provide "3rd party software support". The tech rep knew VERY little about fixing the problem.. in fact didnt even know where to find if outlook was running as 32 bit or not. I had to do all the work... then he told me to google for the solution!!!!!! Talk about a waste of time and money. NOT HAPPY