We're running into these issues when running the 2018.1 release:
1. Opening any report from My Reports causes a crash. Opening the report from Reports | etc | Etc doesn't.
Work-around is to pick the report from the longer Reports menu, fix is to Open the report from the long Reports menu tree and save it.
For me the other part of the fix is to delete all the reports from 2011 that I no longer need.
2. The search / Advanced Search screens' default button appears to be the 'OK' button on screen, but pressing 'Enter' will cause the window to close as if the 'Cancel' button was pressed.
Work-around is to press the [TAB] key many times, or click on OK.
3. Printing pay stubs to one printer was crashing with an 'out of memory' error. Windows 10 'Print to PDF' + printing the PDF to the printer worked, so we're still going to do that this time rather than fight with it further.
But we have type-to-find back on recurring transactions, so on the whole we are wavering on being not unwilling to admit we are not no longer unhappy.
1. Sounds like the conversion didn't convert all the saved template properly, maybe try backup and convert again.
2. Bug with General journal, receipt and payment.
3. if Pdf writer works and printer doesn't, could be compatibles with printer driver, could update latest driver or try article 10526
Thank you for your responses Jason, it is much appreciated.
Jason. said:1. Sounds like the conversion didn't convert all the saved template properly, maybe try backup and convert again.
I don't think there was a conversion problem. Every report selected under 'My Reports' was causing a crash, no report selected under the longer Reports | customers | etc, etc. menu caused any crash.
The next day I deleted several reports that I knew we no longer needed, and now there is no longer any issue.
Possibly there were too many reports altogether (and all ungrouped), or there were one or more invalid templates that were causing a problem with the list.
Jason. said:Bug with General journal, receipt and payment.
I would like to point out that it's happening in every search / lookup dialog box in the program, including the general search / Advanced Search accessible from the main program window. The highlighting disappears when the focus is moved to another window, if that helps.
Thanks Jason, any word on if / when there's going to be a fix available? Some of our people use the search feature dozens of times in a day, and they are forgetting to hit 'enter' automatically because they are so used to how it used to work.
Jason. said:if Pdf writer works and printer doesn't, could be compatibles with printer driver
Thanks Jason, the printer is 5 years old, not old enough to be on that list!
We changed it to print directly to the printer's IP address instead of through a print server queue and it worked properly, so it was a corrupted printer setting in Sage or a problem interacting with that particular Windows server print queue.
Hi Randy, regarding to the second issue, no official date as of now, but should be on next update.
Any update on when the fix will be out on the search issue? This is by far the most infuriating bug in 2018 - second only to 2017's bug that automatically changes the payment method to the client/vendor default YET is still located prior to the client/vendor selection.
There will be a new update 2018.2 which will start rolling out on March 27-2018. It may have a fix. The release notes are not detailed enough to indicate whether or not your particular issue has been resolved.