Welcome to Part 2 of this three-part series! In part 1 we showed you how to get started with Sage 50 Intelligence Reporting. You'll now discover how to easily customize your reports. Intelligence Reporting pulls real-time data from Sage 50 - and other data sources you may want to report on - and delivers it in an Excel format that is easy to understand, interact with and customize, giving you instant visibility across your business. There will come a time when you'll need to customize your reports, such as adding or removing rows and columns or maybe adding some charts to visually represent your data. Let's get started
1. Start by unlocking the report by making a copy
2. Verify the properties of the new report and rename it.
3. Use the Columns tab to add and remove fields from your report
4. Run the report and edit the resulting Excel template Save hours with Intelligence Reporting by only having to customize your report once, and then saving it as a template, giving you the latest data looking just the way you want.
5. Save your Excel template Once you have finished customizing your Excel report, you need to save it as a template in the Report Manager.
Your template is now saved and linked to your report for future use, so the next time you run your report, all your changes will already be saved, and your report will now show you the latest data looking just the way you want! Look out for the final part in the series, where we will show you how to work with your financials, using the Financial Report Designer.