1. Within the PivotTable, click a field in the row or column you want to sort.
2. Click the arrow on Row Labels or Column Labels, and then click the sort option you want. Note: There could be a column or row name associated.
3. To sort data in ascending or descending order, click Sort A to Z or Sort Z to A.
Text entries will be sorted in alphabetical order. Numbers will be sorted from smallest to largest (or vice versa), and dates or times will be sorted from oldest to newest (or vice versa).
Tip: You can also right-click on a field, select Sort and then select a sorting option.
Setting custom sort options
1. Within your PivotTable, click a field in the row or column you want to sort.
2. Click the arrow on Row Labels or Column Labels then click the sort option you want then click More Sort Options.
3. In the Sort dialog box, pick the type of sort you want: