6. In the COM Add-Ins dialogue box, make sure the Inquire check box is selected, and click OK.
7. After the add-in is turned on, the Inquire tab will appear in Excel. Comparing Workbooks To compare two workbooks, you need to have both workbooks open in Excel. Follow these steps: Note: You can also access the compare option by selecting:
- Windows Start menu, All programs, Microsoft Office 2013, Office 2013 Tools, and then click Spreadsheet Compare.
2. In the Compare field, click the drop down arrow to select the first workbook you wish to compare. 3. In the To field, click the drop down arrow to select the second workbook you wish to compare.
4. Click Compare to run the comparison. By using this feature, you are able to compare and analyze workbooks. Differences are highlighted with a cell-fill colour or text-font colour, depending on the type of difference. If you want to save your results, you can export them to an Excel file or copy and paste them into another program, such as Microsoft Word.