Follow these steps to finalise the 2018/2019 Financial Year in Sage MicrOpay:
- Go Payroll> Transactions> Import and Export> STP Update and Select the Company, the Employee field as All and the Financial Year as 2019 and Apply.
2. Once the screen is populated with the Employees select at the top right-hand side of the screen – Export.
3. When prompted save the Update Event as an Excel Spreadsheet and open.
4. Sort the column Final Event and review any Employees that appear as False. This represents that the Final Update Event has not been completed for these Employees.
5. Compare these Employees to the Payroll> Reports> End of Year> Reconciliation Report for the Financial Year 2019 and review why they may not have been reported. If any Employees are missing from the Reconciliation Report this means that these Employees have not had their Final Pay reported to the ATO.
6.To complete the process go to Payroll> Transactions> Import and Export> STP Update and select these Employees for the 2019 Financial Year and select Update the ATO. This will mark the Employee as final for the 2018/2019 Financial Year.
* Please note you may need to review each Company within Sage MicrOpay if you have more than one.